The Board of Directors of the Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick (LDANB) announced today, along with their Executive Director André Deschênes, that he will be moving on from the Executive Director role in the organization as planned effective June 30th 2018.
The Board and our many partners have benefitted greatly from André’s passion and tenacity for the association’s mandate. Through André’s leadership, LDANB has introduced and expanded many programs that have been of service to people with learning disabilities in our province and beyond.
Just a few highlights include:
- Establishing and expanding the Barton Tutoring Program to include over 25 students per semester
- LDANB received a Dr. Marilyn Trenholme Councell Award in the fall of 2017 in the area of Community Literacy Programs
- In partnership with the department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour, LDANB is offering psychoeducational assessments in workplaces throughout the province with an average completion time of 5.5 weeks for clients
- The Screening for Success Tool (SFS) was completely redesigned and introduced to identify adults at-risk for learning disabilities and also helps guide specialists in their consideration of support strategies for individuals to thrive in the workplace
- The introduction of the biennial LDANB Symposium – which in its 3rd year reached capacity for attendance and benefited educators, parents, students, psychologists and case managers and support team members.
We wish André every success in his ongoing work as a consultant and sincerely thank him for his contribution to the organization over the past 6 years. We look forward to continuing to work with André in his capacity as an expert, independent consultant in the field of learning disabilities.